Biological Necessity

In 1978, I was assigned to manage my company 's Latin American operations, consisting of 5 factories and 35 distributor markets.

In Argentina, I remember reviewing the financial books and pausing at the account for salesmen 's compensation. Under travel expenses I noted and unfamiliar heading, which I translated as "biological necessities".

Confused, I asked the general manager of the company what that meant. He stuttened and stammered for a moment. Then he explained that was the custom in his country to allow their travelling salesmen to include the expense of hiring a woman to sleep with;



".....but only after one week away from home." He quickly added.

"We are....after all, a very moral country, so we consider it a "biological necessity."



by Rojer E. Axtell




No comments: